Like us, the health of our pets changes with age., and each stage involves its own risks.
Only your veterinarian can explain to you the risks your animal is facing when he has started to age, and will advise you during regular visits that certain health problems must be carefully controlled. These stand out among them:
- Different types of organ disease including inflammation, cancer and degenerative diseases
- Kidney diseases and urinary tract infection
- Hearts and respiratory system problems
- Joint disorders, such as osteoarthritis, dysplasia and spinal problems
- Hormonal diseases such as diabetes, thyroid or adrenal disease
- Problems with skin, ears, nails and pads
- Ocular disorders, such as cataracts, lack of tear production and glaucoma
- Diseases of the digestive system (Stomach, intestine, pancreas and colon)
- Tooth and gum disease
The best way to protect your pet is to visit your veterinarian every 6-12 months for a thorough review. Remember that one year of “ours” equals several years for your pets.
Periodic reviews can help your veterinarian detect problems early, even before your dog or cat shows symptoms. Consider that many diseases show few or no symptoms in their early stages. As the disease progresses and sign becomes more visible, the healthy recovery of your pet could be more difficult and costly.
At home, pay close attention to any changes your pet may make in regards to health or behavior. If you note any differences in behavior, diet, exercise, weight, activity levels or mobility, let your veterinarian know, because any of these changes may indicate a change in the health of your dog or cat .
Make sure your animal maintains a healthy lifestyle. Proper nutrition and an adequate level of exercise will allow your pet have a longer, healthier and happier life.
And to provide our customers with the necessary care and control when it comes to the health of our elderly animals, we have set a unique price for the full examinations and tests of € 95.
If you want more information about our Geriatric Plan, or want to request an appointment to bring your pet, please call Clínica Veterinaria Tamara, Tel: 952 79 50 49.